Fueling the Progress for our Future
Rex Energy Corporation is an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, production, exploration and development of oil and gas, with properties concentrated in the Appalachian Basin and Illinois Basin. Our success is the result of our seasoned and diversified employees who are challenged to be innovative and creative and provided the tools to do so. If you want to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment that encourages teamwork, consider joining Rex Energy in this opportunity available in our State College, PA office.
The GIS Technician will develop and maintain the geographic information systems (GIS) databases, coverages, and linkages to various databases. Duties include reading and interpreting source documents, such as civil engineering plans, plot maps, and legal descriptions; and entering required data into the GIS. The GIS Technician will perform routine land mapping duties, minimal project management or application development responsibilities. Assignments are made by Managers or VP with general review of finished work.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with a minor in GIS.
2. 1-3 years of previous experience preferred.
3. ArcGIS or related certifications.
1. Knowledge of symbols and terminology used in civil, architectural or electronic engineering drawings.
2. Experience with GIS software, such as ArcView, ArcServer, and Deed Plotter.
3. Experience with digitizing and data manipulation procedures for geographic information systems.
4. General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintains and updates databases using GIS computer aided drafting and other software.
· Updates maps as new data is received relative to pipeline rights of way, surface facilities maps, land maps preparation, capital improvement projects, and other projects.
· Develops and maintains links between various databases.
· Conducts mapping research, in the field and in the office, to resolve conflicting information and ensure the accuracy of the data.
· Creates maps using GIS and AutoCAD software.
· Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
· Becomes familiar with industry specific (such as oil and gas land, water and wastewater or planning and zoning) terminology and symbology.
· Reads and interprets legal descriptions and plot.
· Communicates orally with customers, clients, the public and other departments as needed.
· Uses graphic instructions such as blueprints, layouts or other visual aids.
· Reads and uses zoning maps, quarter-section maps, plat maps, land use maps, single line maps, county tax maps, and aerial maps.
· Performs mathematical calculations using algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
· Perceives color as defined by the Inter Society Color Council-National Bureau of Standards system.
· Performs fine hand movements in the accurate use of drafting instruments.
· Presents facts clearly and accurately in graphic form.
For more information and to apply for this position visit our website:
Rex Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.