Courage Services, Inc. is a small, Arlington, VA-based company specializing in cultural and geographic research. Courage has researched, compiled and mapped thousands of ethnic/tribal groups and developed unique placename and geographic data for the Middle East, Central Asia, Southeast Asia and Northern Africa.
We rely on a worldwide network of researchers, former military officers and all-source intelligence analysts for analytical product development and onsite customer support. Selected products and services include:
- Identification and development of regionally-focused subject matter experts
- Development of specialized operational gazetteers, comprised of unique placename and geolocational data
- Development of structured ethnographic/tribal and cultural information databases
- Geospatial Information System (GIS) data development, analysis and production
- Satellite imagery and video analysis
- Onsite support for intelligence, open source and human terrain analysis
JOB TITLE: Junior Web Designer
SALARY RANGE: $55-75k
PHYSICAL LOCATION: Arlington, VA
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 1-4 years
Courage Services is looking for a Junior Web Designer to lead the effort in designing interactive front-end web pages and integrating them with geo-enabled rich internet applications utilizing current platforms. The ideal candidate would be knowledgeable in past, present and future web technologies/standards, and should be highly motivated and able to work independently to create web and mobile platforms.
EDUCATION/TRAINING: Bachelor’s degree or applicable work experience in lieu of a degree is required.
- The candidate should be proficient in the following coding languages and application:
Flash/Flex Flash Builder PHP/MySQL
ActionScript Flash Professional Photoshop
HTML/CSS Dreamweaver HTML5
LEVEL OF SECURITY CLEARANCE NEEDED: Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship required.
Courage Services is fueled by intelligent, driven and committed employees. We offer a full range of benefits, including competitive salaries, comprehensive health plan including dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance policies, 401(k) plan with company match and educational reimbursement. Courage Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer that values Diversity in the workplace.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: JR Web Designer Position in the Subject Line of your email.