The ASPRS Young Professionals Council (YPC) requests your participation as we focus to enhance membership benefits for non-students below the age of 35. This demographic is critical to ASPRS’s future. As an organization we can do more to make the Society attractive to this demographic. YPC’s mission is to utilize ASPRS to support young professional’s development through:
YPC is holding an open meeting at the ASPRS Spring Conference in Baltimore on Wednesday, March 27th at 11:00 AM with the objective of getting input and having an open discussion on ways to develop these initiatives. We’re requesting participation and volunteers from:
- Region board members -- to support implementation at the local level
- Sustaining Member firms -- promoting ASPRS to young employees and mentorship by experienced managers are important elements
- Student members -- can provide insights on the reasons for membership drop-off with students leaving the university and entering the workplace who allow their memberships to lapse and how to engage with these members at that point in time
- Seasoned professionals -- with the belief in giving back to the profession through mentoring
- Young professionals and Associate Members -- who can tell us directly what needs ASPRS should be meeting
Members not able to attend the meeting at the conference are invited to join a webinar on April 9th at 12:00 Noon Eastern Time. We encourage your participation and ideas.
If you have not yet completed the short survey at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YPC_Survey_3-2013, please do so today. Please express your willingness to participate in any capacity, and we will be sure to include you in this important process. You are also encouraged to follow us on the ASPRS Facebook Page and Twitter.
Chair, Young Professionals Council