Hopeworks 'N Camden - Camden, NJ
GIS Project Manager
Hopeworks 'N Camden (www.hopeworks.org) is looking for a full-time GIS project manager to work in the interactive division of our youth development non-profit in North Camden, NJ. Successful candidates will have extensive experience in GIS projects - including interactive presentation and data collection. Applicants should have an entrepreneurial approach and be comfortable selling, managing, and delivering client projects. This role is unique in offering significant leadership opportunities and the ability to create job opportunities for youth in America's poorest city. The ideal candidate for this position will be highly energetic and bring passion for working with urban youth to our team and have skills that would be used in both web site design and GIS delivery services
Duties for this important opportunity include but are not limited to:
- Identify and develop relationships with potential GIS customers, including non-profits, religious institutions, schools, and small businesses nationwide.
- Meet with customers during initial sales meeting and/or design meetings to discuss their GIS needs and determine technology and design strategy.
- Draft project proposals and budgets, including pricing and scheduling estimates for project work.
- Manage customer relationships, deliver regular update reports, and ensure projects are delivered on-time and on-budget.
- Oversee a team of youth design and development trainees to deliver client projects, including providing feedback, evaluations, and skills assessments.
- Attend technology conferences including South by Southwest (SXSW), Dreamforce, and others.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on Hopeworks and its services locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Support all Hopeworks' services, including GIS, Web, Video, Salesforce, and Social Media.
- Provide documentation and reporting for grants, scholarships, and donors.
- Participate in Hopeworks donor development, community outreach, fundraising, and other programs when requested.
- 2-5 years of GIS project management experience.
- BS / BA in related field.
- Fluency with ArcGIS/ArcMap, ArcPad, Adobe Illustrator and Google Map API.
- Experience managing multiple client projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Salesforce for contact and project management a plus.
- Shown ability to use Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Full healthcare benefits.
- Vacation / PTO -- 15 Days in first full year, plus retreat time, birthday
- Opportunity to pursue fully funded graduate degree from St. Joseph's University