2015 Intern - Software Engineering
About Textron Systems
Textron Systems businesses are industry leading developers and integrators of unmanned systems, advanced marine craft, armored vehicles, intelligent battlefield and surveillance systems, geospatial management and analysis systems, intelligence software solutions, precision weapons, piston engines, test and training systems, and total lifecycle sustainment and operational services. Textron Systems’ businesses consist of Advanced Information Solutions, Electronic Systems, Geospatial Solutions, Lycoming Engines, Marine & Land Systems, Support Solutions, Unmanned Systems, Weapon & Sensor Systems and TRU Simulation + Training. For more information visit: www.textronsystems.com
Textron Systems has opportunities for students interested in pursuing a rewarding and challenging career in a variety of Software Engineering roles within Textron Systems Geospatial Solutions. This internship position would be located in Wilmington, MA.
Key Benefits Gained from Internship
- Exposure to and involvement in many aspects of the software development cycle including requirements, analysis, design, development, debugging, testing, documentation, release, and maintenance
- Exposure to industry standard software development tools including an integrated development environment (IDE), version control, requirements management, defect tracking, software testing, and software builds
- Gain a core technical foundation, learn to navigate a large commercial codebase, and work closely with team members to solve challenging problems
- Work on products that provide advanced geospatial intelligence solutions for managing, visualizing, and analyzing geospatial data used by a wide array of commercial and government organizations
- Coached and mentored by the Textron Systems Geospatial Solutions engineering team
- Potential for future full-time career employment
- Junior, Senior, or graduate student in the disciplines of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, GIS, Geospatial Systems, Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing, Cartography, or Geography
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Comfortable collaborating with remote team members
- Show strong self-motivation and initiative
- Meticulous attention to detail and concern for quality
- Passion for learning new/existing technologies, solving problems, and producing creative solutions, all while adhering to set standards and guidelines
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple simultaneous tasks, work to a deadline, and proactively relay progress/delays
- Familiarity with any of the following applications and technologies a plus: GIS tools and concepts (Esri ArcGIS, Google Earth, QGIS, etc.), Web 2.0 Technologies (HTML5, CSS3, web services, XML, JSON, etc.), relational databases, Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Fluency in two or more languages would be a plus
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.