(position has been filled 4/15/15)
Position: Geospatial Analyst
Type: TOP contract
Location: Tampa, FL
Status: Must be US Citizen
About the Company
DigitalGlobe is a leading provider of commercial high-resolution earth observation and advanced geospatial solutions that help decision makers better understand our changing planet in order to save lives, resources and time. Sourced from the world’s leading constellation, our imagery solutions deliver unmatched coverage and capacity to meet our customers’ most demanding mission requirements. Each day customers in defense and intelligence, public safety, civil agencies, map making and analysis, environmental monitoring, oil and gas exploration, infrastructure management, navigation technology, and providers of location-based services depend on DigitalGlobe data, information, technology and expertise to gain actionable insight. DigitalGlobe is a public company listed on the NYSE as DGI, and is headquartered in Longmont, Colorado.
The candidate will part of an innovative research team conducting geospatial research and data creation at the country and subsequent administrative district levels. The candidate will be involved in the georectification of maps, digitizing, cartographic representation, field and metadata attribution, as well as geospatial research and data creation.
This position is approved for 90 days, with the potential to go FTE. Pay will be W-2 hourly.
- Collection and value-adding of various spatial data sources from both traditional and evolving crowd-sources. Georectification of paper and un-rectified digital maps, heads up digitizing. requirements in accordance with IC standards.
- Think critically, derive tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) from intelligence reporting and effectively express analytical findings both geospatially and in writing.
- Geographic research and geospatial data creation. Create data by extracting geospatial features from both imagery and digital TLMs. Field and metadata creation and attribution.
- Will use multi-INT data resources and their collection methods for incorporation into the team’s production process.
- Cartographic representation and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a geospatial discipline with a focus on analysis.
- Prefer 2+ years of experience in Geographic Information Systems, or remote sensing. Experience with data development and manipulation using social media and crowd-sourced data sets preferred.
- Intimate familiarity on use of Microsoft office software packages on a personal computer (PC) platform (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience with ArcGIS and its extensions. Exposure or beginners level using ESRI's model builder or python scripting tools, and strong desire to advance ones modeling and scripting skills.
- The ability to formulate in-depth, predictive intelligence assessments based upon information/trends and sentiment.
- Duties require sufficient mobility to work in a typical office/field setting and use standard office equipment including a computer. Vision to read printed materials and a VDT screen.
Case A. Robertson, GISP
Senior Geospatial Analyst, DGIS-Tampa