US - PA - Harrisburg
Gannett Fleming is a global planning, design, and construction management firm with more than 60 offices worldwide. Founded in 1915, we have fostered a culture of service and innovation with more than 2,000 diverse and talented professionals. Consistently ranked among the nation’s most prestigious engineering firms, we provide multi-discipline engineering services, including civil, transportation, environmental, structural, and construction management. We are committed to amaze our clients by providing customized solutions that improve our communities and sustain the world – from award-winning roadways to vital environmental systems to patented technology.
We are seeking a highly-motivated GIS Analyst in our Camp Hill, PA headquarters that can develop innovative GIS solutions in a fast-paced challenging work environment. Come join our team!
The individual will work among a group of skilled GIS professionals and engineers to provide technical solutions to improve the operations of the firm’s Environmental Resources Division. The group is dedicated to innovative thinking and continuous quality improvement, fostering a creative, collaborative and ever evolving work environment. The ideal candidate has a variety of the skills listed below, with an emphasis on GIS, engineering, and problem solving. In addition, they must demonstrate the ability to accept, learn and adapt to new technology while growing professionally and technically in response to the evolution of GIS technology.
The GIS Professional will support a variety of clients - both internal and external - including FEMA and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced, growing practice within our firm!
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Geography, Computer Science or related field;
- 3 to 10 years’ experience working in a consulting engineering environment which provides the requisite GIS knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job;
- Strong analytical and innovative problem solving skills;
- Proven abilities to develop, document and enhance engineering workflows using GIS;
- Demonstrated experience with Esri’s ArcGIS Desktop software with practical working knowledge of ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Server;
- Extensive spatial data management experience and understanding of geoprocessing to support work flow automation;
- Commitment to customer service including the ability to assess client needs to translate them into comprehensive GIS solutions; and
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a technical team, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to apply GIS expertise in multiple civil engineering disciplines;
- GIS customization experience using Python scripting and Esri’s ModelBuilder;
- 3D GIS experience and web mapping using Esri products;
- Storm water and flood modeling experience;
- 2-years of management experience with developing GIS-based engineering solutions; and
- Esri technical, GISP, or other related certifications.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE. Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
GIS Engineer, GIS Professional, GIS Technician
GIS Analyst, GIS Professional, GIS Technician. Civil Engineer, Environmental Engineer