Open Date: 03/01/2015
Location: Greenbelt, Maryland
Full/Part Time: Full Time
US Citizen/Perm Res Required? US Citizen desired. Will consider Permanent Resident.
Help support Earth Sciences research at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center by implementing
tools that help researchers find and download the huge amounts of data they need to do their
research. Help us improve system design and create new, faster, more powerful tools for
searching for and transferring Big Data.
• Assisting in the implementation of redesign of NASA data portals and websites
• Designing, coding, and testing implementations of NASA web services
• Maintaining and improving existing code base
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of experience or a combination of education and experience,
including experience in the following areas:
• Expertise with Java, Perl, and PHP programming languages.
• Experience with version control software (Subversion,Git)
• Good understanding of best security practices for web development
• Ability to work in a team environment and deliver results on schedule.
• Experience with Linux (or Unix-based) operating systems and shell scripting.
• Experience with Apache, Tomcat, and Axis
• Knowledge of OGC standards and implementations (WMS,WCS, WFS, WMTS, KML,
• Knowledge of GIS tools and how to use them.
-------- Forwarded Message --------
|Subject:||Open positions at NASA Goddard|
|Date:||Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:09:04 -0400|
|From:||Shriram Ilavajhala <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|To:||Beth King <email@example.com>|
|CC:||Anthony Robinson <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
I've met Dr. Anthony Robinson at AAG yesterday and discussed some open positions available with my company (SSAI, Inc) for some very exciting projects at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. All these positions involve directly working on projects at NASA and involve working with NASA Earth Science Data, particularly with MODIS Aqua and Terra data.