Web Services Programmer
Open Date: 03/01/2015
Location: Greenbelt, Maryland
Full/Part Time: Full Time
US Citizen/Perm Res Required? US Citizen desired. Will consider Permanent Resident.
Join a dynamic team helping support Earth sciences research at NASA Goddard Space Flight
Center, by implementing tools that help researchers find and download the huge amounts of data
they need to do their research. Help us improve system design and create new, faster, and more
powerful tools for discovering and transferring big data. In this position you will implement new
features and fix bugs in existing environmental satellite processing, archival, and distribution
systems code base. This code base consists of two mature web services (Open Geospatial
Consortium (OGC) WCS service, Open Search and custom download service), and one new web
service (OGC Web Map Tile Service). Additionally, you will design, code, and test
implementations of new web services.
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience or a combination of education and experience.
• Expertise with JAVA, Perl, and PHP programming languages.
• Familiarity with SOAP, REST protocols.
• Experience with version control software (Subversion,Git)
• Good understanding of best security practices for web development
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Experience with Linux (or Unix-based) operating systems and shell scripting.
• Experience with Apache, Tomcat, and Axis
• Knowledge of OGC standards and implementations (WMS, WCS, WFS, WMTS, KML,
• Knowledge of GIS tools and how to use them.
-------- Forwarded Message --------
|Subject:||Open positions at NASA Goddard|
|Date:||Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:09:04 -0400|
|From:||Shriram Ilavajhala <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|To:||Beth King <email@example.com>|
|CC:||Anthony Robinson <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
I've met Dr. Anthony Robinson at AAG yesterday and discussed some open positions available with my company (SSAI, Inc) for some very exciting projects at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. All these positions involve directly working on projects at NASA and involve working with NASA Earth Science Data, particularly with MODIS Aqua and Terra data.