Open Date: 04/01/2015
Location: GSFC, Greenbelt
Full/Part Time: Full Time
US Citizen/Perm Res Required? US Citizen desired. Will consider Permanent Resident.
SSAI is seeking a Sr. Scientific Programmer Analyst to work on multi-spectral earth remote
sensing projects for NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The work location is at Goddard Space
Flight Center at Greenbelt, MD. The position requires utilizing spacecraft attitude, spacecraft
ephemeris, telemetry data, remote sensing instrument’s camera model for accurate geolocation of
the instrument observations and refinement of the geolocation information with application of
ground truth to instrument observations. The incumbent in this position will also characterize
instrument geometric/spatial properties including instrument pixel resolution, band to band
registration, and instrument modulation transfer function. The incumbent will support the team
responsible for generating the first level calibrated and geo-located data products.
A minimum of an M.S. degree in mathematics, computer or physical sciences and five years of
relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
• A good analytic background in engineering, physics and math is necessary.
• Working knowledge of IDL or Matlab, C or C++, and FORTRAN
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Experience with physics related to satellite geolocation, orientation and orbit
• Ability to look at interrelated physics that impact data interpretations and solutions.
• Ability to evolve in changing program needs.
• Self-starter and ability to collaborate on a small team of highly independent scientists.
• Legal Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizenship. All Candidates must be able to pass a
National Agency Clearance with Inquiries (NACI) screening.
• Experience with image processing and analysis
• Expertise with optical remote sensing instruments
• Experience with writing journal-quality papers, reports and memoranda
• Effective oral communications and public presentations
-------- Forwarded Message --------
|Subject:||Open positions at NASA Goddard|
|Date:||Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:09:04 -0400|
|From:||Shriram Ilavajhala <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|To:||Beth King <email@example.com>|
|CC:||Anthony Robinson <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
I've met Dr. Anthony Robinson at AAG yesterday and discussed some open positions available with my company (SSAI, Inc) for some very exciting projects at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. All these positions involve directly working on projects at NASA and involve working with NASA Earth Science Data, particularly with MODIS Aqua and Terra data.