October 20, 2015
IMAGE OF THE WEEK
Send your good news to share to email@example.com.
A Celebration of Life gathering will be held at 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 23, in Robb Hall at the Hintz Family Alumni Center on the University Park campus of Penn State to celebrate the life of beloved faculty member C. Gregory Knight. A faculty member for 40 years in College of Earth and Mineral Sciences (EMS), Knight was widely respected by his peers, the many students whose lives he touched and colleagues in his field.
For more information, visit http://www.geog.psu.edu/news/events/c-gregory-knight-commemoration online.
October 30: The Miller Lecture
Julie A. Winkler “Climate Change Impact Assessments for International Market Systems”
The vast majority of climate change impact assessments evaluate how local or regional systems and processes may be affected by a future climate. Alternative strategies that extend beyond the local or regional scale are needed when assessing the potential impacts of climate change on international market systems, including agricultural commodities. These industries have multiple production regions that are distributed worldwide and are likely to be differentially impacted by climate change.
- 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Refreshments are offered in 319 Walker Building at 3:00 p.m.
- The lecture begins in 112 Walker Building at 4:00 p.m.
- Coffee Hour To Go
- Subscribe or Unsubscribe to the ALUMNI-GEOG listserv
- This email is an abridged version, view the complete post and previous posts at: http://sites.psu.edu/dogblog/
- DoG enews is published weekly on Tuesdays by the Department of Geography at Penn State during the fall and spring semesters.
- Submit your news by Monday morning (or sooner) to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in that week's post.
- Follow us on Twitter • Like us on Facebook • Join Penn State Geography Alumni & Friends on Linkedin