Prepare databases and GIS mapping using ESRI ArcGIS (Desktop) software for the management of various assets such as real estate, transportation systems, utilities, storm water facilities, etc.
· Create, organize and manage GIS databases for large scale mapping projects.
· Load and manipulate data into projects from various data sources.
· Conduct analysis utilizing geometric networks and detailed queries.
· Prepare GIS mapping and map books utilizing data driven pages and prepare exhibits as needed.
· Attach or link various data for usable finished products.
· Meet with clients to determine GIS needs.
· Support staff in assigned project based work.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Attendance of a two-year program at a technical college or a four-year program at a university or a minimum of three (3) years experience in a similar position.
· Basic skill level using Esri ArcGIS software.
· Survey and or field data collecting experience is a plus.
· AutoCAD Land Desktop or Civil 3D experience is a plus.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office business software, including Word, Excel, etc.
· Typing/word processing skills.
· Proficient use of e-mail and internet.
· Data management.
· Verbal and written communication skills.
Working conditions are typical for a professional office environment.