Subject: looking for geospatial analysis experts for position with OSCE in Ukraine
Sent: Mar 8, 2016 7:10 PM
From: "Kilhefner-White, Rebecca [US]" <Rebecca.Kilhefner@pae.com>
Dear Dr. Robinson,
I work for PAE-REACT, under contract to the US Department of State to recruit, vet, and nominate US citizen experts for seconded positions with the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). We have just been asked to recruit for an Analytical Support Officer at the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine.
It is an extremely important position – the mission has over 700 monitors around Ukraine, gathering a wealth of information each day about the Ukraine conflict and ceasefire violations, and they need a better way to manage the information. An information management cell is being formed, and the incumbent would be a key member of that team.
I found your name while doing an internet search for academic institutions with specialized programs in geospatial analysis. I would be grateful if you could forward this announcement to former students, colleagues, or any other contacts with a relevant background who might be interested.
In order to receive full consideration, interested parties should create an online application and enter the relevant vacancy number at: https://www.pae.com/careers-react no later than Sunday, March 13. Only finalists will be contacted. PAE-REACT will interview short-listed candidates in order to make nominations by the OSCE deadline.
More information follows. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Project Support Manager | PAE – REACT | 1320 N. Courthouse Rd., Suite 800, Arlington, VA 22201
E-mail: Rebecca.Kilhefner@pae.com | Web: http://www.pae.com/careers-react
Receive the latest job postings! Follow “PAE-REACT” on Twitter: http://twitter.com/PAEREACT.
We have a new website! The new address is http://www.pae.com/careers-react.
PAE Government Services, under contract for the U.S. Department of State, is seeking applications from well-qualified U.S. citizens for the following position at the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine:
Analytical Support Officer
Level: Senior Professional
Area of Expertise: General Staff/Monitoring Functions
Vacancy number: VNSMUS00345
Duty station: Kyiv
Apply by: 13 March 2016
View the job description:
In order to receive full consideration, interested parties should create an online application and enter the relevant vacancy number at: https://www.pae.com/careers-react no later than Sunday, March 13. Only finalists will be contacted. PAE-REACT will interview short-listed candidates in order to make nominations by the OSCE deadline
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of six years of relevant professional experience in Geospatial Analysis (GA), and/or Imagery Analysis (IA) of military and conflict-related subjects
- Thorough understanding of Electro-optical (EO), Infrared (IR) and Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) sensors including analysis of imagery obtained from these sensors
- Experience in planning overhead and aerial imagery collection, preparing maps, charts, and reports
- Experience in operational planning
- Ability to work in a very dynamic and demanding work environment
- Experience in using imagery exploitation software (desired)
- Previous experience in working directly with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) (desired)
- Working knowledge of the Ukrainian and/or Russian language(s) (desired)
- Experience in working with international organizations (desired)
Familiarity with OSCE policies, procedures, practices and organizational structure (desired)
Tasks and Responsibilities
Initial duration of appointment/assignment for this post is until 31 March 2017, subject to a subsequent OSCE Permanent Council Decision to extend the mandate of the Mission.
Potential applicants should be aware that this is a non-family posting.
If applicable, deployment is subject to attendance to and successful completion of pre-deployment training and assessment.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Information Management Officer and in close co-operation with the Reporting and Analysis Unit, the incumbent shall provide analytical support of overhead and aerial imagery developed by a variety of sensor types. These include Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), satellite imagery and other electronic means deployed in the Mission area with the aim of supporting the Special Monitoring Mission's (SMM) monitoring capacity.
Specifically, the Analytical Support Officer:
- Researches, monitors and analyses imagery data from different sensor types;
- Prepares assessments of current short- and long-term trends based on collected data;
- Supports the Operations Unit and Reporting and Analysis Unit by providing recommendations to operational instructions and daily/weekly reports based on analysed imagery;
- Liaises and communicates with the UAV Team and providers of satellite imagery in order to support the operational planning process;
- Performs other duties as requested.