Position: GIS Web Developer
Location: 1400 Independence Avenue (Smithsonian Metro Stop)
Project: This position will work be part of a brand new team formed to develop new GIS applications in a web environment for the Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS). This position will provide expertise in the area of front end development of a GIS, web based system.
Benefits: Increase your knowledge and skill set on this project while enjoying a comprehensive benefits package that includes a matching 401k savings plan with immediate vesting. Interested in going back for your Master's Degree? We have a generous tuition reimbursement program too!
- Develop, enhance and deploy a GIS enabled web graphical user interface in an agile environment. This effort includes
- Gathering detailed requirements for public version and internal version
- Determining the architectural infrastructure required
- Working with the customers on design and business workflow for the web interface
- Coding the interface in Springs with feedback from customers
- Integrating data from other FAS and non-FAS data providers
- Modifying the configuration and behavior of ERSI's Portal and ArcGIS Server
- Handling Security and compliance with Section 508 and other standards
- Providing training and documentation to help in customer adoption of the new interface and to expand awareness of the power of GIS analysis
Education, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor Science in Geography, GIS or other geospatial disciplines and seven plus (7+) years of experience that includes a combination of software development and GIS experience
- Background with ArcGIS and collaboration tools
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Senior Corporate Recruiter
w: 301-837-3801 | f: 301-479-1793 | email@example.com
7000 Muirkirk Meadows Drive, Beltsville, MD 20705
ASRC Federal | Customer-Focused. Operationally Excellent.