Purpose (http://www.purpose.com) is seeking a GIS specialist to support a Climate Change data project focused on the local impacts of and solutions to climate change.
The ideal candidate for this project will work seamlessly with our senior campaign team and climate scientist to collect, analyze, convert and create new GIS files to be linked to existing geographic boundary data.
- Coordinate and conduct the acquisition of spatial data across all available climate impact data sets.
- Perform GIS data analyses and conversion to create new GIS products - primarily new shapefiles.
- Perform spatial analysis in key geographies within key cohort data.
- Work closely with climate science lead to acquire, catalogue and analyze data.
- Develop and implement quality control procedures.
- Degree (Preferably Advanced) in geographic information systems or be a demonstrated GIS specialist.
- Expert level ArcGIS user
- Highly collaborative and ready to move into a fast paced project that will change between start and finish.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Some interest or experience in the climate change advocacy space is ideal but not necessary.
The right candidate will be retained through a 2-3 month contract. If the candidate is interested in publishing project findings, we welcome this type of collaboration as well.
Interested candidates should include a cover letter with their application, highlighting their relevant experience and explaining their interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org