IMAGE OF THE WEEK
Fall festivities fire pit shot by graduate student Xi Liu at the department’s annual gathering, held this year at House Taylor of Warriors Mark. More great photos and great memories from the event can be accessed here:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByjbUZU-en9UOUt3LS1vYUFrdjg
- A group of students will join Penn State President Barron on his television program “Digging Deeper” to discuss inclusivity. The program will air at 11:30 a.m. and again at 6 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 2, on WPSU-TV and at 8 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 6, on WPSU-FM.
- Sheryl Kron Larson-Rhodes (’85) has accepted a full-time, tenure-track position as First Year Experience Librarian at SUNY Geneseo. She also serves as the library liaison to the Departments of Communication, Geography, and Languages and Literatures. Larson-Rhodes lives outside of Rochester, NY, with her husband and two cats.
- Jen Fluri (’01g, ’05g) is featured in the podcast, “Feminists on the Frontline”
Coffee Hour on September 30 with Jared Oyler
Topoclimate data products: empirical modeling of climate variability at locally relevant spatiotemporal scales
High-resolution gridded climate products are essential for both the evaluation and downscaling of climate models, and as inputs to assessments of climate impacts on local hydrology, ecosystem processes, and biotic communities. However, there has been little formal analysis on the ability of these products to accurately capture temporal variability and trends in local climate.
- 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
- Refreshments are offered in 319 Walker Building at 3:30 p.m.
- The lecture begins in 112 Walker Building at 4:00 p.m.
- Coffee Hour To Go Webcast
- Next week: Lucky Yapa “How development causes poverty: travel notes from Cuba, Haiti, South Africa, and Sri Lanka”
There’s no question that Old Main stands as one of the most iconic landmarks at Penn State’s University Park campus. In fact, it can be difficult to even imagine the campus landscape without the building’s lofty bell tower and eight limestone columns.
We invite you to join us on Saturday, October 15, 2016 for the Department of Geography’s fall Affiliate Program Group (APG) meeting and networking event, which will take place in Walker Building on the University Park Campus.
“DOG” OF THE WEEK
Department of Geography, College of Earth and Mineral Sciences, Penn State
313 Walker Building, University Park PA 16802
Office: 814-865-2493 Cell: 814-571-2942
firstname.lastname@example.org • email@example.com • www.geog.psu.edu
Past Co-chair of the Penn State Commission for Women. Ask me how you can get involved.