Please see attached job announcement
Toms River Township is seeking applications/resumes for a GIS Specialist in their Engineering
Division. This Division provides GIS support to other Divisions within the municipality and work
will include but will not be limited to:
- Maintaining GIS for Police Computer Aided Dispatch System
- Maintaining GIS for Township
- Using GIS technology for analysis and mapping to support Township objectives and goals
- The candidate would be expected to:
- Create or obtain, update, analyze, standardize and integrate spatial data into the Township GIS.
- Generate presentation-quality maps for a variety of uses
- Operate and maintain GIS system hardware and software
- Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years GIS work experience using ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Server software which includes a background in editing, geocoding, geoprocessing, modeling, web mapping, application development and system troubleshooting, preferred but not required
- GISP certification preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science or a
- related field with a strong emphasis in GIS, preferred by not required.
- Attention to detail, strong problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to deliver quality work with minimal supervision
- Programming knowledge/experience with Visual Basic and Python scripting
- Willingness to take on challenges and learn new things
- Experience with AutoCAD software
- Experience with Spillman Computer Aided Dispatch System software is not necessary but would be a plus