We have an open position for a Senior GIS Analyst at Newmark Knight Frank. I wondered if you have a job board or other means for circulating postings with students and alumnae. The job description is below. Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible for the creation, analysis, management and distribution of geospatial information, the Senior GIS Analyst will work with brokers and members of the Research and Marketing teams to produce mapping collateral and conduct geospatial analysis. These deliverables include demographic analysis, multivariable heat maps, commutation analysis, and aerials. Working closely with management, the Senior GIS Analyst will collaborate with Marketing and other GIS colleagues to develop and implement brand standards, while also working with IT professionals to improve technology efficiencies.
The position will be based in the firm’s corporate headquarters in New York City. Deliverables will be focused on the New York market, but will extend to regional and national teams as needed.
Essential Job Duties:
· Serves as main point of contact for aerial, demographics and mapping requests and deliverables.
· Develop advanced specialized maps, utilizing geographic and demographic information.
· Produce demographic reports from existing local, regional and national data.
· Create demographic scattergram maps as sales aids for broker presentations.
· Provide education demographics and mapping related and technical support for brokers and other staff.
· Provide aerial mapping support for brochures, marketing materials and packages.
· Obtain and maintain accurate market data; to include assess and validate current GIS data for integrity in terms of volume, consistency and redundancy.
· Create map templates for editing and printing.
· Test system to ensure functionality meets system specifications.
· Establish brand standards and communicate standards to GIS colleagues.
Skills, Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in major GIS applications
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in mapping and/or aerial support advanced programs
· GIS certification required
· Related computer experience in mapping/aerial software, Windows applications, spreadsheets, and graphics/desktop publishing. Familiarity with basic concepts of demographics and cartography
· Demonstrated experience with SQL and Python
· Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills
· Ability to multi-task and integrate project segments
· Exceptional mapping software skills
· May perform other duties as assigned
Managing Director, National Research
Newmark Knight Frank
125 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017