GEOSPATIAL SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
About the Company
Radiant Solutions is a leading provider of commercial high-resolution earth observation and advanced geospatial solutions that help decision makers better understand our changing planet in order to save lives, resources and time. Sourced from the world’s leading constellation, our imagery solutions deliver unmatched coverage and capacity to meet our customers’ most demanding mission requirements. Each day customers in defense and intelligence, public safety, civil agencies, map making and analysis, environmental monitoring, oil and gas exploration, infrastructure management, navigation technology, and providers of location-based services depend on Radiant Solutions data, information, technology and expertise to gain actionable insight. Radiant Solutions is a public company listed on the NYSE as DGI, and is headquartered in Longmont, Colorado.
The Geospatial Software Developer will work in an agile and fast paced development environment supporting analysts whose mission is to solve complex, unique, and challenging geospatial problems.
· Automatically retrieve and ingest data
· Web and desktop application development for search and discovery
· Maintenance and enhancement of existing custom applications.
· Interact directly with analysts and other technologist to ensure applications and tools meet the needs of the customer.
· B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Science or equivalent proficiency through work/prior experience.
· 1+ years experience in scripting (preferably Python).
· 2+ years experience in design and implementation of web and/or desktop applications.
· Experience with modern high level programming language: C#, C++, Java or Visual Basic.
· Must be motivated, self-driven team player who can interact well with others and advise/consult with other team members on software development related issues.
· SQL, PostgreSQL.
· ESRI products (ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server (SDE), etc.), QGIS, or Google Earth or similar demonstrated ability to work with mapping applications.
· Geospatial data and the development of geospatially based analytical models.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with a competitive company match; 10 paid holidays and 4 weeks paid time off.
Applicants for this position will be required to take and pass a drug test.
Radiant Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital or familial status, age, disability, veteran status, military service or application for military service, status with regard to public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Case Robertson, MSGIS, GISP
Product Manager | Agile Intelligence