Open Until Filled
MUST PROVIDE 10 YEAR DRIVING RECORD
- The purpose is to develop, implement, and maintain the City’s GIS system and related data; to analyze GIS data for mapping and report preparation.
- Analyzing GIS technology requirements of City departments; Developing plans to implement new or modified technology to help meet departments’ needs; Evaluating implementation requirements, and recommending resources needed.
- Designing and producing both simple and complex analytical GIS procedures to meet established needs; Testing applications to ensure the desired end results; Creating, editing, and maintaining GIS data; Creating new data using GPS; Analyzing GIS data.
- Providing statistical analysis in the form of reports and maps to be used for City-wide planning and decision-making; Converting data as necessary; Developing, implementing, and maintaining Internet mapping services; Creating graphics for presentations, printed materials, etc., using computer-aided technology.
- Planning and providing training in the use of GIS for City staff; Providing installation, troubleshooting, and technical support for City GIS and other GIS-centric software systems; Contacting vendors to resolve technical problems as necessary; Maintaining inventory of GIS system hardware and software; Performing GIS Integrations and administrative responsibilities associated with the City’s asset management software (Cartegraph).
- Receiving and responding to inquiries, concerns, and complaints in areas of responsibility; Performing general administrative/clerical work as required, including but not limited to preparing reports and correspondence, entering and retrieving computer data, copying and filing documents, attending meetings, answering the telephone, etc.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or education and training equivalent to four years of college education in geography, computer science, or closely related field as well as two to four years actual experience in this field of work.
Applicants must be proficient with ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS for Server, ESRI’s Explorer/ Collector apps, ArcGIS Online organizations, Portal for ArcGIS and have some experience with a GIS-centric computerized maintenance management system.