LiDAR Professional | Excellent opportunity in an excellent work environment
In this role you will have an opportunity to:
Provide valuable contributions and ideas in a dynamic and collaborative LiDAR production team. You will work closely with Senior LiDAR processors and Production Management to handle the processing of a variety of complex LiDAR projects across several industries.
You will be responsible for
- Generating LiDAR tile layout, project area, and project requirements using ArcGIS or QGIS
- Building, testing, and running classification macros
- Classifying LiDAR point cloud data using Terrascan to meet client requirements
- Analyzing alignment issues and applying relative adjustments to calibrate raw .las strips
- Adjusting data sets to surveyed ground control points
- Using your complete understanding of LiDAR theory and GIS discipline to troubleshoot advanced issues with senior processors
- Data feature extraction/compilation of hydro break lines
- Peer reviewing junior analyst classification work
- Researching innovative solutions to improve efficiencies utilizing new technologies, software and approaches
What are some of the characteristics of an ideal candidate?
- 2+ years of experience calibrating LiDAR data using Terra Solid’s TerraMatch software
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree or certificate in relevant course of study or equivalent work experience
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously
- Ability to maintain a high degree of motivation and focus with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication leadership and motivational skills
- Strong commitment to quality
- Experience with any of the following: Python, TopoDot, Global Mapper, LP360, RiProcess, and POSPac
What is AXIS?
AXIS GeoSpatial is a growing GeoSpatial Data Acquisition and Analysis company. We provide land surveying, mapping and geospatial consulting for integration into civil engineering, land surveying and GIS applications. As an industry leader in innovative remote-sensing and measurement technologies, AXIS has a proven track record of stability and longevity in the geospatial market.
Why should you join AXIS?
AXIS encourages each employee to be a part of the team’s success and appreciates creative input. Become a part of the AXIS team and become a part of a “Championship Quality” team of Geospatial Data Professionals that provide innovative and reliable solutions to industries that demand quality and results.
AXIS GeoSpatial, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. AXIS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
All job offers and continued employment with AXIS are contingent upon passing a background check and subject to random drug screening.