Part-time GIS Specialist (14 hours per week)
The Center for Geographic Analysis (CGA) is looking to fill a part time GIS Specialist position. Work includes GIS data processing, geodatabase editing, spatial analysis, geocoding, image georeferencing, network routing, cartographic mapping, producing 3D and temporal visualization, GPS data post processing, image analysis, and web based mapping system usage and testing.
· B.S. in geography, computer science, engineering, or a GIS related field.
· 2+ years of experience working in a GIS operational environment.
· Must be proficient in GIS analysis and spatial data modeling.
· Must be conversant with current and developing technologies such as GPS, remote sensing, digitizing, scanning and the current state of software development related to geographic analysis.
· Must have hands-on experience using ESRI software ArcGIS Pro or Desktop.
· Superior technical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to function as a contributing team member required.
· Must have strong communication skills and experience in providing technical support to a broad user community.
· Experience in Python, R, ArcPy, ModelBuilder, Quantum GIS or PostGIS a plus.
· Hands-on experience with ERDAS Imagine, ENVI, or Idrisi desirable.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
This is a Harvard Less-Than-Half-Time (LHT) position. LHT positions are not benefits-eligible.
Note: Incumbent will work remotely based on Harvard University’s COVID-19 response policy until further notice. Work must be performed within the state of Massachusetts.
Harvard University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wendy Guan, Ph.D. 1737 Cambridge Street, K022
Executive Director Cambridge, MA 02138
Center for Geographic Analysis 617-496-6102 (office)
Harvard University 617-496-5149 (fax)
University Consortium for Geographic Information Science • P.O. Box 612, Ithaca, New York 14851, United States • 607-252-6851