Important - please read:
Once you are registered, log into LionPATH regularly to see messages about semester bills. If you don't check your PSU email often, consider forwarding those messages to another email address.
You might still need to take action on your bill - even if someone else is paying it. Third Party Payment of your tuition and fees may be made by a third party — your company, for example. If your company is paying for your tuition and fees, our Student Financial Services office must receive an Authorization to Bill. An Authorization to Bill is a form from your company on letterhead and must include your name, semester, company name, company address, and payment amount. The Authorization to Bill may be faxed directly to the World Campus and Continuing Education Student Financial Services office at 814-863-1385 or emailed to BFO@outreach.psu.edu. If you have questions, you may call the office at 814-863-8300. Once the Authorization to Bill is received, Penn State will adjust your tuition as showing expected payment, and the company will be billed. Your employer must then pay your tuition within 30 days.
Registering for the first time
- Complete the Graduate School On-Line Application - http://www.gradschool.psu.edu/index.cfm/apply/. If you have already applied and been accepted, skip to Step 2.
Choose one of the options below:
- Apply to our Certificate Program in GIS:
If you wish to register for one course by itself, or as part of our Certificate Program in GIS, please select "Certificate Admission - $65.00." You will then have the option to select World Campus, Geographic Information Systems.
- Apply to one of our Certificate Programs in Geospatial Intelligence:
If you wish to apply for one of our Certificate Programs in Geospatial Intelligence, please select "Certificate Admission - $65.00". You will then have the option to select World Campus, Geospatial Intelligence.
Please note that we have two Geospatial Intelligence certificates to choose from, based on your level of academic readiness for the coursework. Information about each of these certificates is provided at the Online Geospatial Education Program Office to help you to determine which of these certificates is right for your professional needs.
You will also need to submit transcripts and TOEFL scores (if applicable) according to the instructions.
- GEOAPP - This is the Post-baccalaureate Certificate Program in GEOINT Applications
- GEOINT - This is the Graduate Certificate in GEOINT Analytics
Apply to our Certificate Program in Geospatial Programming and Web Map Development:
If you wish to apply for this certificate program, please select "Certificate Admission - $65.00." You will then have the option to select World Campus, Geospatial Programming and Web Map Development.
Apply to our Certificate Program in Remote Sensing and Earth Observation:
If you wish to apply for our Certificate Program, please select "Certificate Admission - $65.00." You will then have the option to select World Campus, Remote Sensing and Earth Observation.
- Begin taking classes before you apply to the Master of GIS Program:
If you wish to take classes before applying to the MGIS Program, you should apply as a nondegree student first using the instructions under Step 1 shown above. Your MGIS degree application can then be submitted subsequently. Once an MGIS degree has been submitted to the Graduate School, a second application for nondegree status cannot be submitted while the degree application is pending.
- Apply to our Certificate Program in GIS:
- Current World Campus students with an active Access Account can register on LionPATH.
Graduate degree, certificate, and nondegree students will create an account when they apply for admission, and this will become their permanent account when they are accepted.
- Reenrolling students who have previously been enrolled at Penn State and who have expired Access Accounts will receive an account within one week after they are accepted to their degree program (for graduate degrees) or to World Campus (all others).
- Register Online Using LionPATH:
- Go to LionPATH. You will then be in the Student Center.
- You will need to complete the Pre-Registration Activity Guide.
- Click on the Search for Classes tab in the top right corner.
- Select WC-World Campus.
- In the Subject text box, type or choose GEOG from mthe drop down. If known, you can enter a specific course number. Hit the Search button.
- In the Course drop-down list, choose the course you want. Click the select button by the desired course.
- If a green circle is displayed by the course information, this indicates that the course is open for enrollment and you can hit next to add the course to your shopping cart. A yellow triangle indicates that the course is full, but you can reserve a seat on the wait list. A blue square indicates the course is closed for enrollment.
- Click on your shopping cart. Click Select button beside the course, and then hit the green enroll button. This course has now been added to your schedule.
- The semester bill will be generated and sent to you at a later time. Semester bills are created on the first of the month and due on the 22nd of that month. You will receive notification in your PSU email.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions about Completing Your Registration
Taking Individual Classes for Professional Development
It is possible to enroll in Certificate and Master's classes without being admitted to one of these programs. You will first need to be admitted to the University as a non-degree graduate student using the procedures at https://gis.e-education.psu.edu/start_today/professional_development. To be admitted as a non-degree graduate student you must have earned a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution under residence and credit conditions substantially equivalent to those required by Penn State.
International applicants whose first language is not English or who have not received a baccalaureate or master's degree from an institution in which the language of instruction is English must submit a TOEFL score with their Graduate School application materials. The Graduate School recommends that a minimum overall total score of 80 points (out of 120) on the new test, with a minimum of 23 points (out of 30) on the new speaking portion, should be required for new students.