I friend of mine passed along this job opportunity. I’m not sure how to make this available to my fellow PSU alum, so I thought I would share with you. Please circulate as you see fit.
Thanks, and be well.
Geospatial Services Operations Manager
1600 Research Blvd (RW3546)
Rockville, MD 20850
Geospatial Technologies Staff Associate - ARD00000035
Apply online ONLY at http://goo.gl/WBHeo8 DISREGARD THE GRAY APPLY ONLINE BUTTON ABOVE AND BELOW, and apply only via the link above. Please do not submit an application via tetratech.taleo.net. Thank you.
Tetra Tech ARD, based in Burlington, Vermont (http://tetratechintdev.com) is accepting expressions of interest for a Geospatial Technologies Staff Associate, to join its Geospatial Technologies Unit. The Geospatial Technologies Staff Associate will provide expertise for international development projects and work to promote innovative approaches to geospatial solutions for projects and new business efforts. Candidates should be adaptable to a variety of technologies, experienced in geospatial solution design and implementation, and an enthusiastic advocate for new technologies. The Geospatial Technologies Unit works at headquarters and in the field to support new business efforts, research and develop appropriate technological solutions for project implementation, support projects in the field, and provide training and staff capacity building.
Candidates should be capable of working around the world under challenging conditions. This position is based in Burlington, Vermont or Arlington, Virginia.
* Collaborate with colleagues in Operations, Shared Services, the Technology and Innovation Initiative, and the Geospatial Technologies Unit on data collection, map series creation, compilation of available geospatial data sets, among other tasks;
* Research, test, and customize tools for mobile mapping, mobile data collection, web mapping, and data visualization;
* Collaborate with project staff on short- and medium-term technical assignments in the Home Office and in the field;
* Support new business efforts to incorporate technological solutions and innovative approaches into new business products;
* Develop and deliver trainings on geospatial aspects of technology and innovation for Home Office staff;
* Support Tetra Tech’s Communications and Marketing team in marketing tech solutions to development challenges;
* Contribute to industry knowledge base, including implementation best practices, through participation in the broader ICT4D community;
* Represent the interests of the Geospatial Technologies Unit internally, within Tetra Tech’s International Development Services group, and with clients; and
* Other complementary and necessary duties as assigned by the Unit Director.
* Experience using mobile data collection applications for mapping purposes;
* Experience in web cartography across multiple web mapping platforms such as MapBox, CartoDB, and Leaflet.JS, and ease with other non-spatial database systems;
* Experience training non-specialist staff on the uses of mobile data collection, GPS, GIS, and RS in support of project objectives;
* Knowledge of international development projects, particularly USAID-funded initiatives;
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of this online application process:
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
* A writing sample of a technical nature no more than 10 pages in length in which the applicant is the sole author.
* A brief cartographic portfolio (3 to 5 examples).
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Apply online ONLY at: http://goo.gl/WBHeo8 DISREGARDTHE GRAY 'APPLY ONLINE' BUTTON BELOW, and ONLY APPLY via the link above. Please visit the careers.tetratechintdev.com page to upload an application at that site. Please do not submit an application via tetratech.taleo.net. Thank you.