Esri representatives will be on-campus February 25 and 26, 2016!
WE’RE HIRING! At Esri, our geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of our changing world.
Interested in Speaking with Esri Recruiters?
Info Session / Tech Talk with recruiter Nick Kelch and product engineer/alumnus Craig McCabe (M.S. '09)
101 Walker Building (There will also be an option to log in remotely with Adobe Connect)
6 – 8 pm
The 2016 Esri Student Programs are now open for applications! Learn more about us and the positions we offer at www.esri.com/careers. We offer paid internships and full-time positions in the following roles…
- Software Developers — Put your programming skills to the test and design and develop next generation Esri software for desktop, server, mobile, and online platforms.
- GIS, Server, Database, and Programming Support Analysts — Provide high-quality support to end users of Esri software to solve technical problems quickly and effectively.
- GIS Product Engineers — Collaborate with software developers to enhance tools and capabilities, ensuring we continue delivering the highest quality products.
- Geospatial Analysts — Map where things are and how they relate. Big data is key to understanding complex issues. It all starts with data automation, migration, and development.
- Solution Engineers — Support our sales team by building and delivering demos that show organizations how GIS can solve their business challenges.
Interested in interviewing with Esri recruiters? Applications for full-time positions will run through the University Career Services' Nittany Lion Career Network, and applications for internships will run through the College of Engineering's eCareer system. Both systems use the same software, but they are not connected and thus require separate registration and login. You'll register (and later log in) using your PSU access ID, set up a profile, and upload a résumé and cover letter. I know that résumés for eCareer are reviewed before they're posted; not sure about NLCN. Once your documents are approved and ready to go, search for "Esri" under the Jobs tab.
Apply for internships via eCareer - https://www.engr.psu.edu/career/students/resources/ecareer.aspx
student login: https://eng-psu-csm.symplicity.com/students/
* note: résumés uploaded to eCareer will be reviewed for format! Make sure you include an objective (in this case, "seeking summer internship" will do - they want to know if you're looking for full-time, internship, or co-op position (the notes say "strongly recommended," but I believe they reject anything without an objective. Make sure that the document you upload does not have any blank pages--that's also grounds for rejection. Be sure to follow the "Résumé Requirements for eCareer" listed on the eCareer info page (first URL above)
Apply for full-time positions via Nittany Lion Career Network - http://studentaffairs.psu.edu/career/students/NLCN.shtml
student login: https://shibboleth.symplicity.com/sso/
*note: It looks like NLCN doesn't require a cover letter. There is a Notes field under the button for attaching your résumé. I recommend pasting a cover letter there (compose elsewhere so you can spell-check!)
Applications must be received no later than Wednesday, February 10.
Questions? Email the University Team at email@example.com