-------- Original message --------
I graduated from Penn State in May of 2016 and am now working as a recruiter with Computer Enterprises Inc. I’m always looking for penn state grads and figured this job could be a
Good opportunity for your graduating students. Please find the details below. If you know any students that may be interested in this position please
Send me their resume or fwd this information to them. Thanks!
Client: PPL Corporation
Duration: 12 month Contract (potential to hire down the road)
Pay rate: $15-28/hr
Location: Allentown, PA 18101
· Job duties to include validating GPS device verification of a sample of assets, visual validation in PPL's Electric Facilities Database system of lines, feeders, and assets against an industry standard land base.
· Also includes comparison of connectivity and hierarchy of facilities, validation of maintained relationships of items (i.e. fuses) to assets (i.e. poles), validation of adherence to company cartographic standards, and other measures to be determined.
· Duties will also include verification that connectivity was maintained at ends/ties of conflated pilot section.
· Respond to outputs from the auto QA procedures, resolving conflicts, maintaining integrity of the designs and making sure PPL standards are followed.
· BS in Geospatial Information Sciences (GIS)
· 0-2 years of experience with ArcGIS as an analyst
· Experience with ESRI ArcGIS a must
· History with GIS in the utilities space (utilities, energy, power industry) a plus