Tuition & Fees
Tuition and Fees can be calculated for our programs via the World Campus Tuition Calculator. In 2019-20, the cost per credit hour for our classes is $924, regardless of residency. Most classes we offer are 3 credits. Penn State has eliminated the information technology fee as a separate line item on the student bill and instead incorporate the fee as part of the tuition rate. This action will not impact overall cost. For the purposes of calculating the total cost of attendance below, we assume you are taking between 5 and 9 credits in a semester.
At current tuition rates for the 2019-2020 academic year, you can expect the total cost of attendance for each program to be as follows:
- Postbaccalaureate Certificate in GIS (12 cr) - $11,214
- Postbaccalaureate Certificate in Geospatial Intelligence Applications (13 cr) - $12,306
- Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Intelligence Analytics (13 cr) - $12,306
- Graduate Certificate in Remote Sensing and Earth Observation (12 cr) - $11,214
- Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Programming and Web Map Development (15 cr) - $14,112
- Master of GIS Degree (36 cr) - $33,831
Applying for Federal Financial Aid
Federal aid is available for eligible graduate students who are registered for at least 5 graduate credits per semester. Graduate students can apply for unsubsidized Stafford Loans and the Graduate PLUS program. For more information, please contact a Distance Education adviser at 800-252-3592 or visit: http://studentaid.psu.edu/
The following programs we offer are eligible for Federal Financial Aid:
- Postbaccalaureate Certificate in GIS (12 cr)
- Postbaccalaureate Certificate in Geospatial Intelligence Applications (13 cr)
- Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Intelligence Analytics (13 cr)
- Graduate Certificate in Remote Sensing and Earth Observation (12 cr)
- Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Programming and Web Map Development (15 cr)
- Master of GIS Degree (36 cr)
Once you have joined an eligible program, you can begin the process of applying for student aid.
Federal Aid Eligibility Considerations
Students who apply for Federal Financial Aid should adhere to the following guidelines:
- You must register for at least 5 credits for a given Fall, Spring, or Summer Semester. You should enroll in two courses at the time of registration (e.g. one course in Fall 1 and one course in Fall 2).
- Failure to complete one of your courses in a given semester may jeopardize your aid status, and trigger provisions to reduce your aid award accordingly.
Managing Financial Aid in LionPath
Your student aid portfolio can be managed using LionPath, including loan counseling, changes to loan amounts and direct deposit, your tuition bill, and other key needs.
Additional Ways to Pay for Your Education
For information about paying your bill, payment options (including deferred payments), etc., please visit the World Campus page: Paying for Your Education.
There may be scholarship opportunities that you can apply for directly through World Campus, as detailed here: http://student.worldcampus.psu.edu/paying-for-your-education/scholarships-available-for-penn-state-world-campus-students
The United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF) offers some scholarship opportunities: http://usgif.org/education/scholarships
Questions Regarding Tuition and Financial Aid
If you have any questions about Financial Aid, please contact the World Campus by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 800-252-3592. If you are unable to get the help you need through these contacts, please email us at email@example.com so that we can help you make the right contact.